Are you using affirmations? If not – get started!
- Create your own affirmations – there are wonderful books, blogs, posts and websites that are full of motivational messages but none will be as effective for you as the ones you create for yourself!
- Write your affirmations in your own handwriting – studies show that our memory is affected when we ‘write things down in our own handwriting’ that is different from when we merely type or audio-record our thoughts. Use a journal, notepad or my personal favorite: index cards to capture your personal affirmations.
- Carry them with you – when you have small pockets of time while in line, waiting for a friend or even during a work break review your affirmations as often as possible throughout the day.
- Speak your affirmations out loud – I literally include affirmations on my daily To Do list as my first task each business day. I speak them aloud because It sets the tone and atmosphere.
- Speak your affirmations for 21 consecutive days – I’ve often heard it said that a new habit requires repetition over 21 days. Speaking life to your life certainly is a good habit to cultivate.
- Create affirmations to target specific issues – for example: if you’re committed to fitness, affirm that you make healthy food choices, workout, get enough rest and so forth. Be specific about what you envision for yourself.
- Elevate your affirmations to prophetic declarations – by anchoring them to Scriptures. Instead of simply saying “I can make it,” instead affirm “I can do all things through Christ who gives me the strength!”
~ Dr. Sheryl L.W. Barnes, CEO – Author – Life Coach – Speaker
Please visit my website to learn more about my services: Sterling-Xavier Consulting Group
#DrSLWB #Elevate2015 #NewSeason4You #ICoachRoyalty